Emmy C.

Emmy C.

This week we were very lucky to receive a number of submissions from the young and extremely talented Emmy C! Emmy is the creator of the beautiful Balloon Adventure Comic, as well as various other creations which you can find in her gallery at http://b1nd1.deviantart.com. Thank you, Emmy!

Time Mermaids

I was surprised to find that I had recently done a picture very similar to something
I had done when I was 12! Here they are back to back for comparison.

Fawna

Age 12: Probably one of my earliest attempts at a lineless style!

Cicadas

“Cicadas” – April, 2009

Lane

Age 13/14: THIS… This… will burn your eyes slightly!

Alpha Female

“Alpha Female” – April, 2009

Star Surfer

Age 12: Hopefully my taste in fashion
has improved since then? (Maybe?)

Purple Tutu

“Purple Tutu” – November, 2008

Harry Potter

Age 13/14: I was so proud of this one! I think he
leans like that because of the weight of his head.

Sound You Can See

“Sound You Can See” – May, 2008

Fairy Lights

Age 13/14: Ehh

Fairy Sparkles

“Fairy Sparkles” – May, 2007

Potter Comic

Age 12: LOOK HOW GREAT I WAS AT DRAWING PEOPLE.

Walk #1Walk #2

“Walk #1” & “Walk #2” – October, 2008

Plastic Surgery

Added bonus! This is from when I was 10 years old and rockin’
MS paint! I named this one “Plastic Surgery”. I was a strange child!

Anyway, that was a slightly horrifying trip down memory lane for me, but hopefully you have enjoyed it! I would say my art has evolved a LOT over the years, and in some ways not at all! I might get technically better, but I don’t push myself out of my comfort zones too often, which I need to work on for sure. I am certainly glad I no longer shade with dodge and burn!

16 Responses to “Emmy C.”

1. Natalie says:

Hehe, I love the way you draw noses, and it seems like you’ve done them that way pretty much since you were 12.

2. becca says:

ahah, you weren’t bad at all at 12 years old! and i am absolutely in love with the plastic surgery one.

3. Habu says:

AW MAN. You were still better than me at one year younger! *sigh* Someday, maybe I’ll be somewhat, yet probably still not very close, to your talents. But I guess there’s always someone who can draw better, even if they’re younger. Wow, this ramble is totally pointless….XD

4. Jessica says:

Wow!
    I really love the mermaid you did both at 12 and 19. They’re very pretty. 😀

And I have to say, I love the piece you did called “Sound You Can See” it’s just amazing. <3 Totally saving it as my computer background.

I really love your style! It’s really well done. :]
    And the MS Paint drawing is so full of win. It made me chuckle. ^^

5. numra says:

you were amazing at age 12! i wish i could draw like that now lol. you really have improved

6. Cocoa says:

I love how at age 12 you’re still 100 times better than I am at anything related to drawing, and I’ll be 15 in a month. 😛 Oh well. We all have our talents… and the visual arts is not one of mine. I stick to my musical theater and creative writing.

Oh, and by the way, the plastic surgery comic is quite beautiful. I did something like that with MS paint, although I believe it involved animals wearing evening gowns… apparently we were both very disturbed children.

7. Joanne says:

You were not a strange child… I did the plastic surgery thing too.

Pffft, you were better at age 13/14 than I am now. I mean, I’m 15, so it’s not that much difference, but still.

I love your art, and it’s cool to see how much you’ve improved 😀

8. Mari says:

Wow! What nice art! Even your early stuff is awesome! I didn’t even know how to use photoshop at that age!

9. Melissa says:

This is pretty amazing. The subject matter improved just as much as your style (not that there’s anything wrong with Harry Potter fanart and fairy girls with tails, but it got a lot more illustrative and interesting). I do like the 12-year-old mermaid drawing though!

10. stephanie says:

oh, that MS paint one had me rolling! I’m glad you got better Emmy, your art is my favourite.

11. ohhhh why’d you have to be better than most people at the age of 14, some people twice that age can’t even produces things like that.

12. Rene says:

aw man! That was hilariously awesome! Even though your attempts at 12 werent even as bad as stuff Ive seen lately by adults. Favorite piece: Plastic Surgery, no doubt! D:

13. DaisyBell says:

I wish I had improve that awesomely in the time I have been drawing.

14. Jen says:

lol Emmy, the picture with the cat and the girl running. Oh god the cat. It’s like doing that thing that dogs do to scratch their butts.

15. ray friesen says:

Strange Child? I rather suspect you’re a strange pseudo-adult.

Nice to see the style evolution! Hope this website keeps it up! Maybe I’ll glom a few onto it actually.

Some of your young drawings look like ‘I’m a talented 12 year old’ and others just look like ‘I’m talented’ so great job! You’ve always been a talented person then : )

16. Riley says:

I like how even your MS paint drawing is about nine thousand times better than what I can draw right now.